Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back To The Blog

When I moved to Cohoes in 2005, I was dedicated to staying sober, and blogging about my changes. In 2006 or so, it was interrupted by changes in my mental health. I sort of went on a decline and even spent a week in a psych hospital. which I may write about later. I woke up this morning with three things in mind. 1. coffee 2. Writing and 3. Scaling down.
I took a bath and started to read a book called The Lively Art of Writing. I figured it may help me to be a better blog writer, or any kind of writer for that matter. Essays are opinions. Is blogging opinion too? Mine sometimes are. Anyway, I have a few blog options here. One is a myspace blog, which isn't much different that this, I even cut and paste most of the time, when I did write. I have another blog about how people are assholes everywhere I go.(not that I'm perfect). I also have an auto detailing web blog. OH there's a music blog too on another myspace music page. So there's quite a bit of writing to do(I also am working on a screenplay and I write comedy.
So basically at this time, I still live in Cohoes, NY. I returned last night from the Thanksgiving holiday. I am currently in a band as well, we were hired to do a gig in Corinth NY at a place called Wainwright's. It was nice place, clean, wooden interior, which housed a big stage. It was a relief to see that, when compared to some of the smaller stages we've played on. When I arrived, I had just had one of those Rockstar energy drinks. My mouth was running fast about anything, and I hoped Joel and Vince were listening. Joel made the comment,"are you just talking to us or like out loud, cuz I do that too". I said "oh to anyone." Vince expressed his not wanting to listen and even said "shut up" at one point. I though of how High School that was and I was like...trying out my new people skills. See if someone is angry and you ask them to add more, they become co-operative at that point.
He rediscussed something that I had said on the phone a few days earlier. I realized I have a tendency to bring up dirty laundry during set up. It wrecks his whole vibe of getting into character. I'm not sure why I do it, but I've noticed it's a problem. I guess I didn't listen enough to his problem that day. I do have a tendency sometimes to just blab about me.
So the Holiday as pretty good, and then after I did another gig on a raised stage at The Irish Pub. I don't think I really like it though. I think it's too high. A friend came out and brought friends, which was really nice. I think I was falling for her, only I think she's not falling for me. I bought a new camera, maybe I can make some videos to go with the blog?
The scaling down, has to do with the items I own. I plan on moving next year to the NYC or CA area. I'm going to start selling things off to raise money and make room. Books, DVD's old computers, ETC. So off to my other blogs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home