Sunday, December 27, 2009

Man of Less Hats

Well, when I changed the name of this blog to "Man of Many Hats", I had more hats on. I lost a few over the last couple of weeks. One was a band that I had been playing with for about 4 years called "The Fizziks". I was a singer/guitarist, and now the band is breaking up. The last show was scheduled for yesterday, but we received a call prior that informed us we were being cancelled citing slow business. Being a cover band not under contracts, shows getting cancelled is part of the game. you win some, you lose some. Well I don't mind losing some now and then, as long as winning some balances it out. I was counting on the money. I was counting on saying goodbye the right way, going out in style. That did not happen. One hat can be taken off. The other hat was I was preparing to play Paul in a KISS tribute band. After rehearsing, playing open mics, doing video promos, I was let go from the band citing "I wouldn't be ready by Jan 9th." I replaced by a more experienced Paul. One more hat off. So now I sit in fear, of what I will do for money, seeing as those hats brought in money. It's a constant battle to build up my self-esteem to know that I am talented enough to move on, and rebuild. I just don't want to. I do need to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home