Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mr. Inconsistent

yes, I had all good intentions of blogging regularly, but it turns out, I went on a short run, and then had a no-write spree. Oh well I know where I stand. Tuesday, I had a fun time auditioning for a great band. I was ok on vocals, I forgot a few words. I was told I might hear something on Monday. Here it is Tuesday and I've heard nothing still. It's anxiety producing to me, because this decision will either change my life for the better, or it'll stay the same old drab. I e-mailed the act, to see what is going on, I still have not heard anything.
In the lesson end of things, I've been putting an ad up every week, to try and get guitar students on Western Ave in Albany. Nothing yet after two ads. The lesson I have is going well.
I've been talking to a local artist about doing some bass playing. I haven't played bass in years, but the original call was to my friend Dan, and his wrist hurts. I sort of want to turn it down. It requires going to Saratoga. It seems like it might be a pain. I just have a bad feeling about it. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't even have a bass.
So rehearsal is usually on Wednesday with The Fizziks, yet it was pushed to Friday. So Wednesday, I think I just chilled at home. I was up late on the computer, and didn't get up for work on time. I was told to get there on time, or my route would be gone. I got some business cards from the papers I deliver, and handed them out to new posssible clients. I felt productive.
I was having online wars with people on the Facebook site, and we made up today. Oh yeah, on Thursday, I got free bagels, and books. I was interested in comedy for a while, so I found some books on that. I found a book on being a director on a board. I thought that might come in handy.
We did rehearsal on Friday, and things went ok. Everyone wanted to cut out early. I stayed and talked with Vince for a bit, and played with the dog. I went to Barnes and Noble and bought life-changing books.
I started going back to meetings at the Hospital, and I asked for help. I got it in a way that was kind of all towards me, but maybe I needed it. Complacency=come place your butt in the seat.
I sort of pissed off the landlords without meaning to. I didn't check my schedule, and thought I had a gig. I told them I'd have money by the weekend. UM nope. I apologized. I went to another meeting on Sunday. I was late, but shared. It was good. I made Monday "Marketing Monday" so this way I could get focuesd. The owner says "I think you've had enough training, just get out there". It was meant to mean something else. I know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home